As you have probably noticed the most of queries entered into Google web search make primarily YouTube videos appear in the top of the list. Why it is so and how to make your video to be among the first when the relevant query is entered? If you have a high-quality video and want more people to know about it, this article is what you need. Following are the main rules of YouTube video optimization.
1. Video file name
If you have a video about how to fix a bike and you name it with a meaningless set of letters, you should not expect it to become popular. You’d better name it according to the video’s topic. As a result we will get the following file name: how-to-fix-a-bike. After that upload video on Youtube and follow the rules described below.
Before watching the video users read its title first. YouTube search engines (SE) also use titles. So before giving the title to your clip, think twice how to do it better. Here are some tips:
- It is very important to use a keyword in the video title;
- These keywords should be placed at the beginning of the clip title;
- Create a title up to 70 characters (in the search result only 60 characters are displayed);
- Do not use more than 2 keywords in the title;
- Make the title as concise as possible;
- Come up with a unique title for your video (to differ from your competitors);
- Put the numbers of the series and parts of the video to the end of the title.
Video description should contain information about its content (both for users and for YouTube search!). Making a description one should consider the following things:
- Describe your video as accurately as possible, use 3-4 sentences;
- Place the most relevant words among the first 120 characters (approximately 140 characters are displayed in the search result);
- Use some keywords in description;
- Add useful links to description (to the site itself, to the blog, to the forum, to other useful videos or materials).